Monday, June 14, 2010

Movie misery


How can I wonder why I've been so bummed lately, when a recent review of my past movie rentals consisted of the following:

The Messenger
The Road
The Notebook
The Reader


Either I need to stop watching movies that begin with "The" or Netflix needs to put a cap on the amount of depressing flicks you can rent in one month. Seriously. Anyone seen a good comedy lately? I need recommendations. And if not for me, then for the sanity of my poor innocent (and non-mental) husband who is about to take my movie privileges away.

2 comments:

Feminist Voice with Disabilities said...

Sex in the City was rather funny, but not hilarious or anything. I'm not a big fan of comedies, so nothing much else comes to mind at the moment. By the way, I like your blog immensely and will link to it from my blog which is at www.suicidalnomore.com

Abby Normal said...

Thanks, Jen. I liked the series but heard disappointing reviews from the movie. Will probably give it a try anyway.